Kewadin Casinos owned and operated by the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians is proud to be an integral part of our community. We are dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the lives of those that are most in need, while at the same time strengthening the communities in which we live and serve.
For this reason our charitable contributions are focused primarily towards organizations and programs, within the seven county areas that Sault Tribe services. We carefully allocate our budgeted resources as strategically as possible to ensure a wide range of support to impact the greatest number of people.
We receive numerous requests each week seeking our financial support and commitment. Our TEAM reviews each sponsorship and donation request and determines which requests best align with our company vision and goals of community support.
Kewadin Casinos views donation requests as partnership of mutual support between the recipient and donor. Kewadin Casinos understands that everyone has the right to voice their opinions and experiences, however, any negative comments made about Kewadin Casinos by the donation recipient in any public forum, including media, without first addressing those concerns with appropriate Kewadin Casinos management, will be reason to deny future requests of support.
If you are seeking support by means of donation/sponsorship please reference the following eligibility requirements:
- A non-profit charitable corporation that has been granted tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) – must submit proof of non-profit status
- Organizations and programs within the seven-county service area
- Other causes that may be considered are those that show an impact, and will be evaluated on a case by case basis
- Political campaigns, political or lobbying organizations or those organizations supporting candidacy of a particular individual
- Churches or religious organizations, including seminaries, bible colleges and theological institutions
- Fraternal organizations
- Labor organizations
- Donations may not be linked, directly or indirectly, to an agreement to use, recommend, or refer to company products or in exchange or reward for any business
Application for Consideration:
- All requests must be submitted online via the online Donation/Sponsorship Request Form
- Donation/Sponsorship Request Form must be completed in full to be eligible for consideration
- All requests must be submitted at least 6-8 weeks prior to the event
- Considerations are limited to one (1) per year per corporation/organization/group.
Example: an organization holds multiple events throughout the year; they are only eligible for one (1) donation/sponsorship that year regardless of the number of events they hold. They cannot receive a donation/sponsorship for each event.